To understand a school is to know the people which includes the faculty, the students, the alumni and the parents. At Corpus Christi school you will discover a community that believes in our school and our ability to educate, motivate and inspire.
We are committed to providing the best scholastic programs, geared to meet individual needs, in an environment which fosters Christian values and stimulates students to reach their fullest potential intellectually, socially, physically and spiritually.
Corpus Christi School Highlights
This brief video showcases the great aspects of our academic and extracurricular programs and provides some insight into the social life of Corpus Christi. From preschool to eighth grade, our school is filled with friends, learning and developing together.
Please read in the following sections about our approach to education:
By uniquely integrating sound Catholic principles of faith and action into a strong academic curriculum, we prepare students to become responsible, dedicated adults, competent to meet the challenging demands of a complex society. While we have separated our school into two campuses, Corpus Christi Elementary and Corpus Christi Early Childhood Center, to provide the necessary focus and attention to the learning environment best suited to specific age groups, we are one school deeply rooted in the community.
The relationships between faculty and students are the heart of Corpus Christi and our exceptional teachers ask as much of themselves as they ask of their students. Their role extends far beyond the classroom and into each students lives.
We are proud of our school's rich history of academic excellence that Corpus Christi has to offer and we are now especially proud to be the recipient of the Department of Education's Blue Ribbon School award, one of only 314 schools nationwide to have received the award in 2009. Here are some achievements that we'd like to share with you:
- Excellent overall academics: Standardized tests are generally 20-30% higher than the local public schools in our area, provided in a value-based environment.
- Advanced math program
Exceptional language program: For the mandatory 8th-grade Spanish Language Exam, Corpus Christi is above Diocesan averages and in many instances 12% points above the required average for high school credit.
Leading sports programs. At the annual CYO track meets, our varsity and junior varsity track teams have historically finished in the top five or six teams in a field of 18 teams. Both our girls and boys varsity basketball teams are in Division I, and most of our other basketball teams (junior varsity, junior, 5th and 4th grade) are in Division I or II, with several teams posting undefeated seasons last year.
Community leaders. The school has many extracurricular activities including band, choir, drama club, Shakespeare, student newspaper, student council, math clubs, science club, yearbook staff and many service activities and have raised funds for many charitable organizations.
- Corpus Christi offers Algebra in 8th grade. Those students who excel in math may qualify to take Algebra in 7th grade and the next level math in 8th grade.
Our full curriculum, services and extracurricular activities include:
- Advanced middle school math program (Algebra 1 and Algebra II)
- Spanish in grades K-8
- Our teachers average 13 years of experience
- National Junior Honor Society for students in seventh and eighth grades
- Art, music, physical education, computers, and library classes
- CYO basketball, track, tennis, softball and baseball teams
- Extracurricular activities including band, choir, running club, Proclaimers of the Word, Shakespeare, student council, math clubs, science club, yearbook staff, and more
- Networked classrooms and computer lab with current educational software office and Microsoft Office Suite
- All day kindergarten with part and full-time preschool programs
- Extended day before and after school during the school year
- Before and after school care in grades PK3-8th grade available
- Summer Camp for three-year olds through rising third graders @ Early Childhood Center
- Christmas and Easter Camp for grades PK3-8th Grade
- Resource teacher and Title 1 Program
- All students participate in several community service projects each year
- Weekly School Masses at the Elementary Campus
- Prayer Services at the Early Childhood Center
- Regularly scheduled visits by priests from both Parishes
- Student-prepared liturgies
- Both campuses have large outdoor fields with modern playground equipment
- Recently updated and renovated facilities including a modern double-size gymnasium
- We welcome everyone of any faith
The school's most important resources, of course, are our teachers - highly qualified, caring individuals who make each child their top priority. All teachers from Early Childhood onward are certified in their field and pursue continuing professional development. Our teachers' long-term dedication to school and students translates into a stable learning environment. Many of our teachers have masters degrees.
Access to these talented people, at the center of a child's education, is essential. By phone, e-mail, and voice mail, our teachers can easily be reached for any reason. Meetings with parents are scheduled once a year, but of course parents can arrange a conference whenever they wish.
We invite you to read more about our Elementary Campus, which houses grades K-5 and our middle school including grades 6-8. Additionally, we'd be honored to introduce you to our Early Childhood Center (ECC) which houses our pre-school where our children love to learn and learn to love.